DIRECTOR: VIC ROBERTS
Vic Roberts is a safety and training professional with over 35 years experience in mining, construction and chemical processing plants, surface and underground mining. He has been in the forefront during construction, commissioning and start up of several major mineral processing and chemical plants both in Australia and overseas. He has been highly successful and has demonstrated a “can do” mentality with a “what ever it takes” mindset, to whatever task he has been given. Many references can be provided attesting to superior performance under often difficult conditions in many areas.
He has worked for many large international companies and has held senior positions in the areas of Maintenance, Operations, Quality, Safety and Training. Through these roles he has a significant track record of increasing productivity whilst dramatically reducing accidents in the workplace. These improvements were achieved by the better application of Safety and Quality through Training.
- Member of the International Society of Mine Safety Professionals (Australia) Inc
- Completed safety auditor training with the NSCA and has been accepted on the Certified Safety Auditor Register.
- A licensed provider of the MARCSTA General Induction course, he was on the executive committee for a number of years and was closely involved in the development of the program. He holds the distinction of presenting the first ever MARCSTA course in July 1996.
- Qualified certificate IV trainer and has lectured on Occupational Health and Safety at several TAFE colleges. Vic is also very experienced in all areas of accident / incident investigations and the training required to ensure investigations are conducted to a professional standard.
- Over many years he has demonstrated a keen interest in the development and implementation of cost effective safety systems.